DesiCity is a platform from which you can purchase goods directly from sellers across the UK. From the moment you enter the site, we want you to have a positive experience shopping on DesiCity. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a buyer.
- Understanding DesiCity’s Limitations as a platform
- Communicating with Other DesiCity Members
- Purchasing an Item on DesiCity
- Leaving a Review of an Item
- Creating and Uploading Content
- Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
Keeping in mind these basic requirements will set you up for success on DesiCity.
1. Understanding DesiCity’s Limitations as a Platform
DesiCity provides a platform for buyers to discover and purchase from sellers across the UK. It is important to note that DesiCity is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on DesiCity, you understand that:
- You are not buying directly from DesiCity, but from one of the many sellers on the DesiCity platform;
- DesiCity does not necessarily pre-screen sellers and as such cannot guarantee or endorse any items sold on DesiCity or endorse any content posted by sellers (such as photographs or the language used in listings, bio’s and shop policies);
- Each seller on DesiCity has their own order processing times, delivery methods, and shop policies.
- As an important member of the community, you have the responsibility to flag an item or a shop that violates any of DesiCity’s policies. This process is confidential.
2. Communicating with Other DesiCity Members
Contact may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations or spam;
- Harassing, abusing or otherwise violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Hampering occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. This is strictly prohibited on DesiCity. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
Any use of contact to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, contact may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy. If you receive any contact that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
3. Purchasing an Item on DesiCity
When you buy from a shop on DesiCity, you’re directly supporting an independent business, each with its unique listings, policies, processing times and payment systems. By making a purchase from a seller on DesiCity, you agree that you have:
- Read the item description and shop policies before making a purchase;
- Submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Provided accurate delivery information to the seller.
4. Leaving a Review of an Item
Reviews are a great way to learn about a seller’s items, help good sellers build a strong reputation, or help warn other buyers about a poor experience.
You can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a written review of your purchase, for 100 days after your item’s estimated delivery date.
By leaving a review you acknowledge that your content may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a delivery carrier, DesiCity, or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
By uploading a photograph to DesiCity you warrant that:
- You own the photograph or you have the rights or permission to use the photograph; and
5. Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of DesiCity, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like Messages, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or otherwise in violation of our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
6. Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
DesiCity’s Disputes Process
Although DesiCity is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide a case system in the unlikely event that your order does not go as expected. By using DesiCity’s disputes process, you understand that DesiCity may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. You can use DesiCity’s disputes process to come to a resolution with the seller in the event of a non-delivery or if an item you receive is not as described in the listing. If you choose a refund as your preferred resolution, keep in mind that DesiCity only allows on-platform refunds for a period of 180 days post-transaction. After this 180 window has elapsed, DesiCity can’t support on-platform refunds for your order. However, you may still communicate directly with the seller to come to an off-platform resolution. Refunds issued by DesiCity will be in your original form of payment.
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no proof that the item was dispatched to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on DesiCity.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different colour, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
Not as described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller did not dispatch the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed upon in Messages.
- If DesiCity determines that an item is not as described, the seller will be required to refund the order, including original postage and return postage.
Some disputes don’t qualify for DesiCity’s case system. These include:
- Items that are damaged by the delivery company (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to delivery delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer’s expectations or sellers return policy.
- Cost of postage disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Items prohibited from sale on DesiCity, including services and intangible goods.
- Transactions where payment is not made via DesiCity’s checkout system.
Requesting a Cancellation
Only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancel an order. Note that all cancellations must comply with our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
Returning an Item
Each seller has his or her own return policies, which should be outlined in their Shop Policies. Not all sellers accept returns.